Root Canal Therapy Near You
Do you know, root canal therapy is one of the most popular dental procedures performed? Unfortunately, some patients fear root canal therapy near you, because of a few misconceptions that surround it. We provide root canal treatment near you to save your natural teeth and prevent extractions and replacements. The treatment is simple and isn’t any more painful than receiving a dental filling! Ironically, root canal therapy in South Edmonton, AB T6W 3Y9 is thought to be painful when it is actually a pain-relieving treatment.
What is Root Canal Therapy?
The pulp is located in the center of your tooth. It is comprised of blood vessels that help to build the surrounding tooth. When the pulp becomes infected due to trauma, deep decay, cracks, chips or repeated dental procedures it can exhibit the following symptoms:
- Visible injury
- Swelling of your tooth
- Sensitivity to temperature
- Pain in your tooth and gums
If you have experienced any of the above symptoms, don’t wait to consult with your dentist. In which case, your dentist will recommend root canal therapy in South Edmonton, AB T6W 3Y9 to remove the diseased pulp, clean and fill the root canal system. However, sometimes there are no symptoms at all. In these instances, your dentist can identify the infection by conducting X-rays.
The Procedure for Root Canal Therapy in South Edmonton
If your dentist recommends root canal therapy near you, you can expect the following steps:
1. Your dentist will clean the root canal: Everything inside the root canal is cleaned using very small files.
2. They will fill the root canal: After cleaning, shaping and decontaminating the hollow area, they will use an adhesive cement to seal the canals completely.
3. A filling or crown is placed: Your dentist will fill the space using guttapercha—a rubber compound. The final step will involve placing a crown to protect your tooth and prevent it from breaking.
Looking to receive root canal therapy near you?
At Jagare Ridge Dental, we provide root canal therapy in South Edmonton, AB T6W 3Y9. To learn more about root canal therapy near you or to schedule an appointment, contact our clinic today.